Went to a concert in Kashiwa on Saturday with my host father. It was a pretty hasty arrangement, so I didn't have anything to do an impromptu interview with. Much less a translator to turn the resulting exchange into something intelligible or project worthy. Would have been cool to interview the band members I did end up meeting, but without any way of getting a decent recording, I just talked about music instead. Played darts with the headliner, that was pretty cool. It's all a bit hazy truthfully.
But, I did manage to get pictures during my Host Father's band's set. And video, but the audio recording quality on my cellphone is so bad it's not even work having. The video will probably work well with the end project, if I can manage to get another interview. Hopefully setting that part up for this weekend. Finishing up with what I have...well, it'd suck a bit. Gotta find a place close enough to Tokyo that I can find an interpreter who'll go, and close enough to Kashiwa that my host father'll be able to make it. Damn though, the guy's a great conversationalist after a few beers. And my Japanese improves substantially too, just not enough to make for a good interview. Hence the interpreter. I'm repeating myself, I know. Anyway, I'll post some of the pictures I took as soon as I can get into Photoshop and rotate them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment