Tried to get another interview both with my host father and my backup interviewee over the three day weekend. Unfortunately, things ended up falling apart. Couldn't get in contact with my backup interviewee whatsoever. My housemate, who was going to interpret, apparently changed phones over the weekend. So none of my calls or emails to set an interview up got through to him until Tuesday at school, when the recording equipment was due back. So, no interview. It would have been interesting too, I think, despite having to go all the way out to Kashiwa. I think the biggest lesson I've learned from this class since moving out is to take a camera whenever someone interesting wants to go out and do something. That way it's not forced, and there's no feeling of, "wow that was so cool and I can't believe I didn't get any audio from it," the next morning. Because I will have brought a camera and I will have some audio.
So, with design festa setup on Friday I have all of one interview exercise and a few pictures to submit to a final project. Because of how the interview went, the interesting photos bear no relation. That was the kind of connection I was hoping to get in a subsequent interview - why my host father enjoys playing in a band dressed up like a dinosaur for Halloween. No interview though. I'm not sure I have anything on that worth submitting for a final project or UPI. No backup either, just the cellphone project with David, which I already linked to. So, I'll probably end up taking this class again. A better idea of what I'm getting into along with not having to literally move out of two projects mid semester will likely help me produce a more interesting project, or any project at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment